Collecting an at-home urine sample is quick and easy. If you need help at any point during the process, please contact our Client Support Team.
- Do not urinate for at least one hour prior to collection
- Do not clean your genital area prior to collection
- Collect the first part of your urine stream immediately as you begin urinating
Step 1: Prepare Supplies
Take out all of the supplies provided in your kit and arrange them neatly on a clean surface.
Step 2: Print name and date of collection onto tube
Clearly print your name and date of collection onto the Urine Specimen Transport Tube.
Step 3: Urinate into cup
Urinate directly into the provided Urine Collection Cup until it is half full. Remember to collect the first portion of your urine stream immediately as you begin urinating.
Step 4: Transfer urine into tube
Remove the cap from the Urine Transport Tube. Be careful not to accidentally pour the preservative out of the tube. Transfer 2 ml of urine from the cup to the tube using the provided disposable pipette.
Step 5: Tightly re-cap tube
Tightly seal the cap of the Urine Specimen Transport Tube to ensure that it does not leak. Invert the tube to mix the urine with the preservative inside the tube. Place the tube into the Specimen Bag (do not remove the absorbent pad inside the bag), then place the Specimen Bag back into the original box.
- Ensure that you have activated your kit at genexdiagnostics.com.
- Ensure that the Urine Specimen Transport Tube is tightly sealed.
- Ensure that you have placed the sample into the Specimen Bag, then place the Specimen Bag back into the original box.
Important Collection Tips
Fill tube between the black lines only.
Do not overfill or underfill the Urine Specimen Transport Tube. Overfilling or underfilling the tube will prevent the test from working properly.
- You must activate your kit at genexdiagnostics.com. Your sample will not be tested if you do not activate your kit.